In King of Dragon Pass, you can decide which type of clan yours will be: a peace clan, a balanced clan, or a war clan.
Changing Clan Types
This is one of the only decisions made during clan creation that isn't set in stone. You can reorganize your clan to become a different type of clan at anytime, using the "Reorganize" button on the clan screen. Changing clan types does not anger your ancestors, but it does take a few years to see any major changes.
Peace clans tend to favor peace. That is not to say they do not have any warriors, or cower in prayer when a raid comes their way, but if given the choice, they will choose diplomacy over war.
- Have smaller armies, and more farmers,
- Can spend more magic on crops, herds, and diplomacy during Sacred Time,
- Favor Ernalda as their main goddess,
Balanced clans are more versatile than the other clan types. They are the jacks of all trades, but masters of none.
- Have medium armies, and a medium number of farmers,
- Favor Orlanth as their main god,
War clans tend to favor war. Do not make the mistake of thinking that a war clan needs to conquer everything by force, or that they rely solely on raiding to feed themselves.
- Have bigger armies, but sligtly fewer farmers,
- Can spend more magic on war during Sacred Time,
- Favor Elmal as their main god,