As the oldest clan to make it in Dragon Pass, the <X clan> certainly know a thing or two about surviving, and even thriving here. However, their early arrival put them into conflict with the Beastfolk, as well as a few other troubling behaviors. If you seek their favor, you'll find yourself induling in their foibles.
|Forming a Tribe: the Early Clan|
|Happens when||Recruiting clans to form tribe|
Your emissaries approach the earliest clan to arrive in the area, the <X clan>, to see if they want to join your new tribe. "We might be interested," says their chieftain, <Y>, "If you promise to make war on our enemies, the beastfolk. You must also perform an annual ritual to propitiate the spirit of the stone cross we took from the old boundary between Heortland and Dragon Pass. And, naturally, as the senior clan in the area, we require seats on the tribal council."
- Propitiating the cross spirit pleases the <X Clan>, and costs little to agree too. As such, you may wish to agree to this condition before choosing another choice.
- A tribe has a variety of benefits and obligations from each clan, and the <X clan> should be no different. As such, you can demand the <X clan> share their magical blessings with the whole tribe. You will need to be silver-tongued to get this agreement; a rebuff is a likely response.
- Power is persuasive as well. You can guarantee them a seat on the tribal council. You can give them a seat from 1 to 5. Tthe number of seats may be lower if you already gave some way to other clans in earlier discussions.
- A sure-fire way to gain the <X clan>'s approval, you can promise to make war on the Beastfolk. Realize this will worsen relations with the Beastfolk. Naturally, at some point the <X clan> will come by, demanding you keep your promise to go to war.
- If nothing else, you can give gifts to the <X clan>. The more cattle/goods you give, the better the reaction.
- Discussions may grind to the halt, or you may decide this clan isn't worth the effort. As such, you can always abandon negotiations. Any gifts you gave earlier will remain with this clan, though.