Though blessed with strength and magic, many others look askance at this clan because they tend to put a greater emphasis on female leadership than is the wont for Orlanthi. If you seek this clan's favor, you will have to bear this in mind.
|Forming a Tribe: the Female Chiefs Clan|
|Happens when||Recruiting clans to form tribe|
Your emissaries approach the eccentric Clan <X>, known for its peculiar custom of favoring female chieftains. They seem interested in joining the tribe. They offer to give magical power to the other clans, and to share their many warriors as well. In return, they want the right to tutor the female children of the tribe's thanes. Finally, they want a provision that one in four monarchs will be a queen who worships Vinga, the female warrior.
- As one of the conditions to accept this clan into your nascent tribe, you may accept their gift of magic. This increases the general magic each clan will have at the start of the year. Realize that you will have to be accodomate the <X> in other conditions.
- Favoring Vinga, this clan has a strong martial tradition. They will agree to give a gift of warriors to defend the other members in your tribe. If you accept the offer of warriors, you will have your choice from 1 to 12. The higher the number requested, the more you will have to convince the <X> to join.
- As a demand goes, letting the <X> to tutor your daughters is a pretty good choice. The costs aren't too onerous, and easily pleases the <X>.
- The <X> will be very pleased if you agree to the requirement of Vingan queens. This demand usually isn't contested by the other clans in the pre-tribal stage.
- If you can't sway the <X>, you can always give them gifts of cattle/goods. The more you give, the better the response.
- Talks can always go sour, or you may not want the <X> in your tribe at all. In that case, you can abandon negotiations. Realize any gifts you gave will still be gone with this decision.