Possession is nine-tenths of the law.
|“|| <X>, a young, energetic farmer, on the road to prosperity, asks the clan council for help. He claims that his stead is haunted. Objects move about. Wailing noises come from nowhere. <X>'s wife and child have even seen an apparition.
Note: Options 5, 6, and 7 only appear if you have some follower of the appropriate deity on the ring.
- If you have someone with a high Custom skill, you may be able to force the ghost to leave through legal means, even ghosts aren't above the law!
- If you launch an investigation, you may actually find out who sent the ghost to you. Even better, you may convince the ghost to help you. By providing a yearly sacrfice, it may gift you with extra clan magic. However, the ghost only tends to last 2-3 years in this instance.
- Burning usually removes the ghost, but it is possible for it to appear in the new house.
- Having <X> move may also help, but once again, the ghost may follow.
- For options 5, 6, and 7, it is possible for your devotees to fail. In extreme cases, they may even lose skill levels (representing a ghostly attack).
Note: Sometimes ghosts appear on their own, other times they may be sent a curse by another clan.