This is a continuation from Homage to Chalana Arroy I: The Offer.
Devotess of Chalana Arroy have come to claim payment for their services. Healers have to eat, after all.
|Homage to Chalana Arroy II: Favor Repaid|
Event Dialogue: Favor Repaid
|“|| Chalana Arroy priestesses from various clans approach you and ask for a gift. "We healed your people a while ago, and you promised that you would help us one day. That day is now. We wish to do a great healing ceremony in honor of our goddess, and ask you to donate either <#> cows worth of goods for sacrifice, or a share of your clan magic."
1. Bargain their demand down.
- The amount they ask for is a good portion of your goods. However, you may be able to bargain the number down. Success is far from guaranteed, though.
- Payment is always good, and it does help your reputation as someone who will pay their debt when asked upon.
- If you have a surplus of clan magic, this may be an easier expense to absorb the number of goods.
- The priestesses usually have no problem accept cattle in sacrifice, though there are occasions when they don't want the taking of life in their ritual.
- Refusing them is not a good idea. Your general reputation will take a hit, you will still owe the devotees a favor, and others may be less likely to give you favors in the future.