Though possessing thralls can be profitable, they bring about their own set of problems...
|“||Your carls complain that your thralls have become rude and insolent, and do not know their place. The carls are angry, and demand that something be done.||”|
- Beating the thralls (all or some) is effective if you can intimidate them. Failure will just make the thralls angrier, and you may face a revolt later on.
- If things are going well with the clan, then trouble with thralls is not a concern, though it will take someone to persuade the carls of this.
- By offering a stick, making a few thralls into cottars can forestall further thrall problems if successful. Failure will have more thralls wanting better treatment. Many carls may not like this course of action as well.
- Sometimes the threat of the stick is enough, but it takes a tough person to convince the thralls to have it soak in. Failure will just have more thrall problems rise up.
- The ultimate answer, freeing the thralls will take care of the thrall headaches, though the carls be rather displeased at the loss of their cheap labor.