|Kidnapping or Elopement|
Even if they never heard of Romeo and Juliet, the Orlanthi would recognize its story well...
|“|| <X>, the daughter of thane <Y>, has gone missing. <Y> is sure that she has been kidnapped by a family from clan <Z>; he recently told you to reject their son <W> as a suitor for <X>. Privately, the girl's mother, <T>, confides that she thinks <X> has willingly ran away to meet <W>.
This is a situation where you may wish to investigate, unless you wish to have an excuse for raiding.
- Even if you are enemies with a clan, it is expected there would be a dowry of some kind between marriage. Getting compensation will satisfy traditionalists.
- It is the law that a clan ring has a say in whether allowing a marriage goes through or not. Or, you may believe the daughter was kidnapped.
- This is your excuse to raid them as punishment. This choice is primarily for plunder, though, and may be slightly easier.
- If you investigate, you will find the daughter does want to marry <X>. So, while it may be irregular for others to marry for love, some in your clan may approve of letting her marry him.
- The rescue raid option goes for capturing individuals. (This is harder than the punitive raid option)