|Mordrim the Stout: Blacktail Desired|
|Next|| Generosity Repaid|
|“|| Mordrim the Stout, a prosperous farmer from the <X> clan, has come to offer to trade for Blacktail the best bull in your herds. He is accompanied by his two sons Korlmar and Harnkorl. He makes no secret of his determination to get that bull, offering 30 cows worth of trade goods for it.
- As the owner of the bull, you possess the right of refusal. This will strengthen your cattle herds with your bull's fertility. It also leads to another event...
- Though you may refuse, Mordrim won't say no to the stud offer, and will even give slight amount of goods as a...servicing...fee.
- Mordrim really wants the bull, and is likely to pay more than his offer. However, there is a chance he will decide not to purchase the bull.
- Agreeing to his price without bargaining nets you 30 goods.
- Remember, generosity is also a key Orlanthi virtue. As such, you may be ahead to just gift Mordrim the bull.
- If you give Mordrim Blacktail the Bull, then you will find your kindness repaid in Mordrim the Stout: Generosity Repaid. You can get access to two treasures: Thanestriker or Son of Blacktail.
- It is possible to buy Blacktail back from Mordrim's home clan. If you do so before the Mordrim the Stout: Generosity Repaid encounter, then you miss out on one of two treasures.
- If you refuse to sell/give Mordrim Blacktail the Bull, then you will see the culmination of your decision in Mordrim the Stout: Blacktail Theft. This will give you a chance to acquire Thanestriker or Glass Coin.
- Selling Blacktail will result in the bull's untimely death just two seasons later, inciting Mordrim to return in Mordrim the Stout: Buyer Beware.