|Price of Adultery|
Adultery is one of the greatest crimes in Orlanthi such that it is within the clan ring's rights to outlaw the offender.
|“||<X>, who married into your clan, now seeks a divorce. She accuses her husband, <Y>, of taking a mistress. "I don't know who he's been with, but I know he's been with someone--repeatedly!" She wishes to keep her bride price of <#> cows as a fine for adultery. <X>'s kin from the <Z> clan are here to support her claim.||”|
- Most divinations will reveal that the husband is in fact an adulterer.
- If you outlaw the husband, and pay the bride price, the <Z> clan will also be pleased, knowing you acted with honor.
- You can outlaw <Y> but still keep the bride price. However, your reputation will suffer with the <Z> clan since it was your clan member who broke tradition...and in a divorce, the bride gets back her bride price.
- Simply paying the bride price will satisfy <X> and her clan, though not as much as outlawing her husband.
- While you may not have proof, <X>'s clan will assume you tolerate the husband's philandering ways, and your reputation will drop.