The clan has many duties, and some are quite mundane, though important to the people involved.
|“|| <X>, a small stead-holder accuses <Y>, his neighbor from the <Z> clan, of moving the boundary stones between their pastures. <Y> denies this, and complains that <X> is trying to use the clan chief to steal from him.
A rather mundane event, but they all can't be life or death.
- If you give <Y> a cow (a rich sum), he will drop his claim.
- If you relations are good, an emissary to the other clan may work in your favor. Of course, the ability of the emissary to negotiate plays a role.
- Your stead-man, <X> will drop his claim if ordered, but this will cause some discontentment within the clan.
- If you can pull it of, telling them to arm-wrestle might be the best choice. If all goes well, after a day of competition, they will be best friends. If they think the idea is stupid, then you just aggravate both sides with what they see as nonsense.
- If you threaten <Y>, he might drop his claim, but his clan will be angry. However, if they feel strong enough, they may push back as well.