|Too Many Alliances|
|Requires||Many alliances with other clans|
|“|| <X>, a <Y Clan> thane, comes to warn you that your alliance with his clan is in jeopardy. "You are allied with too many clans, spreading yourselves so thing that the value of a pact with you is steadily waning. If we give you important information, how do we know that you will not pass it along to our rivals?"
1. End your alliance with <X>'s clan.
- One choice is to end an alliance, withether it is with the <Y> clan, or another of your choice. However, ending your arrangment will certainly worsen relations with the chosen clan.
- Money can buy friends, and giving goods to <X> can prove your commitment. However, if you prove stingy, then don't be surprised if the <Y> don't end the alliance.
- Someone sufficiently persuasive can convince <X> that you value his clan. If they don't believe your words, then you will be less one ally.
- Threatening to attack <X>'s clan is probably the most extreme reaction. If you've proven good in battle, or have an excess of weaponthanes, then, <Y> will still be allies. Note that relations will be strained, though. Don't be surprised if the <Y> don't heed your warning, and even dare you to do something about it.