|Uraldan Priestess Seeks Husband|
Mature, experienced priestess seeks studly, young weaponthane
Given the dangers of life in Dragon Pass, many families end up losing a member, or more. As a result, it isn't uncommon to find pairings of people who would normally have little in common.
There are a few variations of this event. Another one, not currently up, has the weaponthane spoken for by a muse spirit.
Dialogue: Besotted with Another
|“|| <X>, the ranking Uralda priestess of the <Y> clan, wants to marry one of your young men, the melancholy weaponthane <Z>. She offers the clan chief of a gift of fifty cows in addition to the dowry paid to his family, so that he will come to live with her clan. But <Z> has mad his unwillingness to marry her clear. He says that he love another: the beautiful young <A> of the <C> clan.
Dialogue: Too Old For Him
|“|| <X>, the ranking Uralda priestess of the <Y> clan, wants to marry one of your young men, the melancholy weaponthane <Z> She offers the clan chief a gift of fifty cows in addition to the dowry paid to his family, so that he will come to live with her clan. But <Z> has made his unwillingness to marry her clear. He won't come out and say it, but it is clear that he thinks <X> too old for him.
There is another variant, which has a different last line before the options, but it otherwise acts the same as above.
|“||He claims that he made a pledge to a muse spirit that he would remain celibate, so that his poetry would be remembered forever.||”|
- In situations like this, you will find your divination fails. Your ancestors say the clan ring has authority in marriage matters. Additionally, your ancestors will remove some of the clan magic as punishment for disturbing them.
- If you're persuasive enough, you can convince him to marry <X>. Success will have the weaponthane realize the other woman won't return his affection, while failure will have him pine for <A>.
- Ordering <Z> will work, though your weaponthanes will be dismayed at the fact the clan ring saw fit to interfere in their love life.
- Refusing the match will please your weaponthanes, but the <Y> clan will be displeased. Also, your farmers may grow angry at the loss of cattle.
- You may have better luck convincing the other woman, <A>, to renounce the weaponthane. If she agrees, then <Z> will go ahead and marry the priestess.
Note: Successfully convincing the weaponthane to marry can often result in alliance with the <Y> clan.